Old 10-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #2126
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Oddometer: 586
Ss1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
But seriously.... 3 questions:

A) How would you feel about a Bun Burner 1500 (36-hour time limit) instead?

B) When would you propose this little ride take place?

C) I've long said that Atlanta has worse traffic than LA or Chicago - would you plan to slip through there at night?
A) Since Evan has not before ridden that far and since it's been a while for me, I was thinking about doing a SS1000 now and, if that goes well, look to schedule a BB1500 sometime this spring. That being said, I could probably easily be talked into doing the BB1500 now -- if Evan is okay with it -- if someone floats a good proposal.

B) Saturday, November 2nd or Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 depending on the weather forecast and other participants' schedules. (Saturday would be nice as that gives us a Sunday rest day before returning to work.)

C) Was thinking about departing at 5 AM sharp from a gas station right beside the Interstate somewhere in Charlotte (possibly the Kangaroo Express on Rt 49/Tryon right off of I485 on the west side); riding the loop counter-clockwise (that would put us in Atlanta at 8:30 AM on Saturday or Sunday morning (whichever day works best for schedules and weather); and then continuing the loop ending up with a finish at Hawthorne's Pizza in Charlotte on 7th Street. Cigars and pizza to celebrate if we make the time limit. Anyone who didn't want to or couldn't join us on the ride can join us at Hawthorne's, serve as finish witnesses and join us for pizza and cigars.

Numa

Check out -- Eighteen Years in the Making

Maps can only lead to conjecture, whereas proof is born in the ride.

BluRidgeRider screwed with this post 10-27-2013 at 06:58 AM
BluRidgeRider is online now   Reply With Quote