View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #30
tastroman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
The Yamaha WRR has a good seat, and it is wide. I use a sheepskin on top of it too. I have a large tank, Cee-Bailey windscreen, electric outlets, luggage system and more. My trips on that thing are typically 2500 miles over several days. As a former dirt rider, I don't understand why you would want something else? A smaller V-strom? Why would you want a 450lb 350?

I rode a KTM 950 for 60k miles all over the continent. The little Yamaha is probably more comfortable. It has a longer reach to the footpegs and the windscreen/large tank protect me without any buffeting at all. My only complaint is the footpegs are too far forward.

I think you should just start riding again on whatever is handy. It will clear up your misconceptions.

I'm not sure where you are seeing misconceptions as my op was a question and not an answer. And I ride every day, year round mostly on a 250cc scooter, which lead me to start the thread. The scooter is 360lbs, has storage, great weather protection and is fairly comfortable, it just sucks off road.

I'm not sure why a 250-350cc 80/20 bike would need to weigh 450lbs but if you say so.
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
tastroman is offline   Reply With Quote