View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #15
der-Seppel OP
Dominik

Oddometer: 364
First Kilometers

First Kilometers

After a relaxing weekend, my goal for Monday morning was to get my motorcycle officially licensed. First I had to phone the Department of Transportation to get 48 hours insurance to drive my bike to a safety inspection. There it was to pass the Roadworthy Inspection, which was no problem. Unfortunately, the result still had to be confirmed by the central and since pretty much all the staff was sick I had to wait for four hours.

When I finally had the necessary paperwork I was able to drive to the Licensing Center in Rockingham. There I had to wait one more time because apparently I have been the first one who wanted to register a foreign vehicle that is temporarily imported under a carnet at this Licensing Center. But after one and a half hours the last doubts were removed and I was allowed to ride my bike for a year on Australia roads.

On Tuesday, I went to a motorcycle tire dealer John suggested to go to since my front tire felt weird.

After the problem was sorted out I went to visit the City of Perth to buy some last camping gear.

I left Gael and John on Wednesday to go camping for the first night. I am so glad I got all their help and I will miss Gaels super cooking skills!

Thanks to the app Wikicamps a free campground was quickly found just north of Perth.

The following day I went a bit further north and settled down at a campground in Cervantes.

He got a name: Outback Otto

Take these signs serious

Since I've somehow taken too much clothing my first trip in Cervantes was to visit the local post office to send a parcel with my things to Adelaide.

Since I wanted to go to the Horizons Unlimited Travelers Meeting in Yanchep National Park near Perth I had to go back South on Friday. On the way back I visited the Pinnacles in Nambung National Park.

The weekend at the HU meeting was great, I met so many nice people, got advice for my trip and even got invited to see some them again on my travel route.

At the end I got an official send off to start my journey.

Thx Ewen Macgregor (not the Charley Boorman one) for the Video

It was already quite late at the end of the meeting so I accepted the offer by Nathan to stay the night in their shared flat in Fremantle.

Me, Nathan and Duncan

Since I wanted to buy a lock for my bike, among some other things one night become a second.

I was super catered and we had a few nice beers - thanks Nathan and Duncan.

I was back to camping and found a nice spot for a night near Dwellingup.

Where am I ?
en.dmoto.de Exploring Australia

der-Seppel screwed with this post 10-28-2013 at 05:18 AM
der-Seppel is offline   Reply With Quote