View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #565
MarcParnes
Tinkerer

Oddometer: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8ridn View Post
My setup with the Nav V, Motorola Atrix phone, and Sena SMH10 is working as designed. Your issue might be improper pairing of the phone with the Sena headset. First be sure to delete all pairings in the Sena and GPS. Also delete any paring in the phone for either the GPS or Sena. You need to start with a clean slate.

In order for everything to work, you need to pair the phone as "selective pairing" with the GPS from the phone selection of the GPS Bluetooth menu.. The phone default might be A2DP which will interfere with the A2DP pairing between the GPS and Sena. Pairing specifically from the GPS should solve this. Pairing your phone to the GPS as a phone only headset will afford full phone functionality. You won't be using the stereo media player of the phone when configured this way.

Next you pair the Sena to the GPS using the Sena to make the pairing. This will be a full A2DP pairing.

Using this method you will get media player of the GPS , GPS directions, and the ability to use the phone with the GPS controlling those functions. Everything will be prioritized nicely by the GPS. Be sure to have your Sena updated with the latest firmware and follow the directions for pairing from Sena and Garmin.
Ok, this is getting frustrating. I cleared all the pairing in the Sena and the Nav. The phone still shows the Nav in its list without any option that I can find to delete it. If I touch it it just tries to connect. So I paired the Sena to the Nav using A2DP which is the default. I then allowed the Nav to pair with the phone. On the Nav Bluetooth screen it shows the Sena connection with a headset and music while the phone connection shows a handset and their smartlink. So that seems to be as it should be. Same result, if I call my cell it shows the incoming call on the Nav but if I touch answer it goes back to the previous screen and the phone continues to ring. All of the ringing is coming through on my cell and not through the Sena. What the hell is wrong? The only step that is missing is clearing of the Nav pairing from the phone but I can't seem to find an option to actually do this.

Ok, figured out how to delete the Nav from my phone. Now everything is fresh so I paired them again and same result. The phone rings, Nav knows it but can't answer it. Maybe I should just go back to having the Sena pair with the phone directly but I sure like all extras of going through the Nav. Bummer :-(

Marc
A life of bikes

MarcParnes screwed with this post 10-28-2013 at 07:49 PM
MarcParnes is online now   Reply With Quote