View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #25
FloorPoor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumakahn View Post
Pretty much anywhere in Idaho except I84 from east to west. The ride from Idaho Falls up through the Bitterroots to Northern Idaho/Montana is breathtaking. The ride from Idaho Falls through the Driggs Basin, over the pass and into Jackson Hole will be worth it. If you like long-distance off-road riding, you can ride for 200 miles through the Owyhee Mountains in Southern Idaho, best in the fall when the roads are dry and the rattlers are cold. A ride up Highway 95 from South to North is well worth it, but watch out for deer. A ride from Boise or Twin Falls up through the Sawtooths - simply a must before you die. Be careful for deer and elk, though. I actually saw a guy die who hit a deer on that road. Very sad for him and the deer. Wow, I need to ride more. I'm making myself depressed thinking of all the rides I still have not done in this amazing state.
I live in S.E. Idaho, and while we have some great DS riding, NORTH Idaho is where it's at if you want twisty pavement. Just pick about any non-superslab road, and it's good (but even I-90 from St. Regis to Cda is pretty good). Just watch out for logging trucks.

"There's nothing like that fresh tire feeling "
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote