View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
dreamtour OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
6/13/13 Thursday -
I woke up late….I got a txt with bad news, my friend’s wife passed away battling cancer at young age, they have three kids. I also spoke with one of my colleague who assists his dad through some medical issues. It wasn't good morning. Everyone has its own struggle in life. It's tough. I felt I'm back to reality. I called my friend and passed my condolences.

Today, I'm taking it easy. I decided to go to Valdez and skip the campers rush hours to Anchorage/Seward. Valdez is a small town probably about 400 miles south of Fairbanks. I called couple of places to check if they have kayak for rental or tour to the Columbia glacier. None was available. I decided to continue to Valdez and call again later the day. Sure enough, there was space available at Pangaea Adventure. Sounds great.
On the way to Valdez I had another close call with a moose (Cow) and a calve. This time, they jumped from the side of the road and crossed it. I slammed on the front brakes and the bike stopped, as it should... Phew....
I arrived in Valdez late afternoon, bought some groceries, refuel and found an inn to sleep.

The trip will commence next day at 8AM.

dreamtour is offline   Reply With Quote