Thread: Rally Diabolico
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #74
HogWild OP
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRMS View Post
I think it's AWESOME that HogWild is modeling this so closely after FIM-style rallies!
It's not just me. Darren Skilton is my partner in this, and he's raced Dakar 10 times, plus several other rallies. He has won his class in Dakar several times, so he knows his stuff! His vision is very much the same as mine for Diabolico. We want to give you all a true taste of Dakar, at a price almost anyone can afford.

Here are some photos from our latest prerun, we've got quite a crew of helpers and equipment.

The guy who brought the pickup owns an ejido over 50 miles long, right in the heart of our event. I took him places on his property he'd never been. His dad told him "don't go out there, you'll never make it back". We went "out there"!

The right tool for the job:

Here we are arguing about where we were. The Spanish guy with the silver hair has raced Dakar even more times that Darren. He's an expert navigator. He kept telling me I didn't know where my own course went, and that he knew better than me, if I'd just let him see my map. He had some serious confidence!
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote