View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #28
DirtyADV OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenDesb View Post
Why all that old stuff on the new bike?

Old plastic I can unserstand but old swingarm?
Have purchased spare parts here and there and rather keep using them and try to sell of the brand new spares for a premium price should someone be in need.

And looking at spare parts prices its easy to understand that a bike with minor damage is a write off.

Will have removed stuff worth 1,5 times what I paid for the entire bike if I look at what they would cost as spare parts.

Had plans to do some custom work with a rear tank integrated in the subframe but never got around that is why I have a few extra subframes (one is a little twisted tho).

Swing arm was a spare for the -04, the early were weaker then on later models so wanted to get hold of a newer one.

The old bike will be set up with motard wheels and won't see much rough terrain if I keep it.

And if the new parts don't sell they can collect dust until I need them =)

Well won't even be dusty, invested a few dollars worth of bubble wrap and packaging them up since I guess they will be in storage for years unless I wreck and need them.

Hmm lower bolt for the shock is probably in the swing arm I removed, should have extra bolts somewhere need to look in the box with spare bolts next time I visit the bike.

/Johan

www.dirtyadv.com (under construction)
DirtyADV is offline   Reply With Quote