Old 11-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #76
arjones
Roads and Waves

Oddometer: 176
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_elite View Post

Thanks for tagging along Arjones

It is our responsibility to learn, at the very least make an attempt to comprehend why things are the way they are. How Neo-Liberalism is just the extended arm of 400 hundred years of exploitation. That before Sept 11, 2001, there was Sept 11, 1973. As such we can hope that our Latin hosts see us for who we are and not simply the extension of the politics of the land we live in.

I must make a note about the fact that we are not American, Canadian maybe and again not so much...

“The history of interactions among disparate peoples is what shaped the modern world through conquest, epidemics and genocide. Those collisions created reverberations that have still not died down after many centuries, and that are actively continuing in some of the world's most troubled areas.”

― Jared Diamond, Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies
Thank you. Don't worry. You will be amazed by the fact that most of latin americans can see the differences between people and their governments (and foreign politics for that matter). You will experience warm welcome, hospitality, pride of our countries and their beauties and find a very large number of people ready to offer help and what ever you guys may need in your journey.

Safe travels.

Arjones.

P.S.: my bad... I should look carefully so I could know where you guys are from...
arjones is offline   Reply With Quote