View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #25
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 755
A little ride with Wordsworth. Approx. 75 miles, 6 hours. A loop North & West of Wickenburg. More pavement than I like but was attempting to avoid soooo much sand.
Wordsworth is what you would consider a nooby when it comes to desert riding. However he did very well considering the terrain we crossed. He took a few naps but nothing spectacular.
A great day for a ride...

Took this little photo break just a few minute's after my low-side cut and roll in the sand. Don't mind falling but hate to have witnesses, Chase you are sworn to secrecy by the N.W. of Phoenix ADV Riders Code.

This is a 8' drop just ahead of the xr4. Came to this from the other side a couple weeks ago and wanted to see this side.

Asked my companion to stay on the easy side of this encounter as I was coming back his way soon.

4 or 5 miles prior to this we encountered a locked gate Another of those mysteriously locked public gates. This was just a log chain and a padlock and it was not there on Tuesday. However I did find an alternate route via a wire-gap along the RR Tracks. We had to do some cow-trailing without the cows . Covered some variable terrain to get to a trial I knew would get us back on track.
Stopped here and Wordworth did more adjusting on his bike... did I mention his battery came loose earlier! He had taken a tumble or two along the way and he even had grass wedged between his wheel & new D606s. As I mentioned before he did a great job of traveling along with me.

mefadv screwed with this post 12-04-2013 at 11:09 AM
mefadv is offline   Reply With Quote