View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #80
V@lentino OP
Inspektor

Oddometer: 817
Thumb Transformative indeed

Riding through the villages that separate Flores and Antigua give you plenty of opportunity to think and reflect how fortunate we are to be born where there is running water, electricity, and that our most important preoccupation of the day has nothing to do with thinking about what is going to be our next meal.

Ferry to cross the rio to Sayaxché

I still want to make a post about Chiapas and Tikal, I will need to backtrack.

Just a tease.

This one could go in the bikes in front of cathedral thread

Tikal was not as splendid as Palenque but the height of the Pyramids was still quite impressive.

And don't worry about hijacking the thread, I enjoy the conversation, and I have a feeling a few others are enjoying reading it. If it keeps going I just might start a discussion about authenticity.

We are in Antigua after riding from Flores. Last night we stopped in Coban.

A few from Flores

It was the 2nd day of Dia de los muertos, so we went to the "cementerio"

Our "eco cabaña" you know the kind, real estate agents call them rustic, character home with old world charm, airy with expose beam throughout, great panoramic view.

Suicide shower incuded

The road today

It was laundry day

About 50% of the population of Guatemala is Mayan, however saying so does not mean much as the Maya people constitute a wide range of ethnicities, languages, and cultures.

Here is an interesting article by Johan Normark titled Culture and Ethnicity in Mayanist Discourse

Colourful bus belching black smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjones View Post
So, let's just hope our brave Jack and Valentino have another great run today and may they post everything here!
BTW arjones Liliane aka Jackie is asking who is this "Jack" person you keep on referring.

More to come...

The motorcycle chronicles of Jackie & Valentino
The Southern Episode

V@lentino screwed with this post 12-19-2013 at 12:11 PM
V@lentino is offline   Reply With Quote