View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #45
Vicks OP
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 2,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 Armageddon View Post
The same here,

I used it mostly in the last couple 24hrs endurance rallies. I know the total stage time with the average speed given by the organiser. Say that in our rally he gives 50km/hr average speed. I know that when the roadbook tulip hits 50.00 then I should be in the race for about an hour. More, it means I have to push, less it means I am ok. You can pace accordingly if you know what I mean.
In order to remember the times, people also stick a paper with total kilometers and stage times on the roadbook cover.

SS1-145-2:50 (Special stage 1, total 145 km, 2 hr and 50 minutes) . It is a personal preference I guess much like the roadbook marking...

D.
So, its more of a TSD (Time Speed Distance - where you are given an average speed for the stage, lower you get a penalty, higher you get a penalty) event thing.

For a FIM rally where the special/competitive stage is timed and not required to meet a given avg speed, i guess we dont need a digital clock, except to know the time you took to traverse the last xxkms or the time of the day. Right ?
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote