View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #454
RedBirdStation
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Nut View Post
cool to ride anytime.......there were no special permissions except for visiting the caves just north of shoals.

all the roads we tracked show up on at least one map as county roads........of course some of us may have gotten slighty off the tracks and been in a dont ask dont tell spot......most have the county road signs to follow............of course some of the farmers in the bottoms think that the county roads are their own property.......a couple of the roads are just barely recognizable of having been a road a long time ago.........all of the places we went are regularly traveled by the locals............the tracks are posted for anybody to use anytime, though it seems that deer gun season brings out the most wackos...........

the knobby sections may run along some prime deer hunting spots.........i just try not to be out there during gun season............the bow hunters seem to be a more friendly group to me........

it'll be years before the Loose Nut comes back through these parts........we will post complete new tracks in a new area each year.......first saturday/sunday of November forever, mark your calendars. 2014 is in the early planning stages right now and will be a collaboration with BigDogAdventures in southern Illinois. plan right now is to start both saturday and sunday from the same location - a campground...........folks can show up, set up their gear for the weekend, have a good place to leave tow vehicles if they trailer in, we'll try to semi organize a pot luck campfire dinner for both friday and saturday evening...........the bean soup RedBirdStation brought this year was unbeleivably delicious.........friday and saturday night fresh cobblers and ice cream seemed to go over pretty well also.........i'm tellin ya right now i am getting excited already for the 2014 Loose Nut Dual Sport Ride..........we plan on making it better than this year........BigDogAdventures has more knowledge of the backroads of southern Illinois and the points of interest and has offered his help in putting together the tracks, we didnt have to beg too much and Mrs. Nuts was threatening to withold the peach cobbler, so we caught him at a weak moment.

it's gonna be a GREAT ride.............its gonna be better than this year and i had a hoots

so, yes go ahead and ride the 2013 tracks at your convenience and dont forget about the 2012 tracks either.........that's a fun ride also
I think the good food, desert and the fun times around the campfire on Fri & Sat night really was a great time in itself.

Was really surprised that many came on Fri and camped. Kinda been pondering selling the trailer bcause I don't use it anymore. But after this trip, it has me wanting to keep it now. Besides it doesn't cost me anything to keep it. So I'll keep it for next years ride.
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote