View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
squiffynimrod OP
maximum shrinkage

Oddometer: 1,179
So here's a little back story:
Actually a typical back story that many of you have heard before or perhaps even lived.
Rode early, started on dirt bikes, moved in to street. Succumbed to the pressures of raising a family and making a career and gave up riding for too long. Kids got older but the flame still burned, so back in to riding. And loving it.

Enough of that crap. Let's get to the meat of the story.

Mrs. Squiffy knows I'm thinking of a different bike. I've done my research and have a good idea of what I'm looking for. I understand what to look for and what to avoid. And I'm picky. I've looked at a few locally, and keep showing Mrs. Squiffy the jewels from the FM. Most are in the U.S. and although I can import in to Canuckistan fairly easily, the logistics of distance and time make it difficult. Then I find another gem in the FM, and it's in Canada! PM's and emails ensue. Yes, it's the right bike. Yes, the price is right. Yes, I can get a half decent flight price to go get it. Yes, I can get the time off work. YES!!!

Better yet, it's in Nanaimo BC. I can fly from Regina SK, stay with my Mom in Victoria and her and my sister will drive me up to Nanaimo to pick up the bike!

That's right, it's a Fly and Ride Ride Report!

Well, maybe not.
BECAUSE IT'S SECRET SANTA TIME!!
squiffynimrod is online now   Reply With Quote