View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #485
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Oddometer: 237
OH MY GOODNESS……………..I had a blast riding with all you guys. So glad to see all the pictures and hear that so many had a GREAT time. Please keep posting the pictures and stories………all I can say is WOW!!!

Thank you all for the compliments……..we really do appreciate them. When we first started laying out these tracks and the waypoints that we wanted to include, we were not sure how this year’s ride would turn out or if we could get it all to come together………but, it finally did and we were excited to share it with everyone.

I want to make sure that we thank everyone who helped get credit for their contributions. Special thanks to hackrman and billgo77 who helped by spending countless hours pouring over maps, gps tracks, remembering our favorite roads, two tracks and locations in the area. Once we figured out how to link it all together in a way that would not leave out any “must have” locations, keep fuel stops at a reasonable distance and get us close to great spots to eat at about the right time of day, we knew we had a winner in the works. Billgo77 and hackrman also helped split the sticker costs. I know we COULD have a ride without stickers, but they sure help put it over the top.

After we got a preliminary set of tracks, we brought in rob rideout, saddlsor, triumphsidehack, hardroad, musicallydeclined, kevin jones, crash alot and others to help pre-ride and get a feel for our estimated times and confirmation of open roads. Thanks guys, we really appreciate your time and comments. I’m sure it was horrible to have to go out and ride these sections over and over again, but it really does help to get another set of eyes on the subject.

Thank you guys for all your help – this ride would not have happened without your help.

Here’s a few of my favorite pictures……………

Saturday Breakfast – O dark thirty following a nice brisk ride from the campground at Glendale.

Marathon muster location – you could almost smell the testosterone…………….

One of the groups leaving Grouseland

One of my favorite pictures of Indiana Bones

My good riding buddy Virgil Stycklemeyer……..

Mamel Hill history class about to begin

Visiting the Cannonball Bridge over the Wabash River

306Dad, aka Phil, aka Uncle Phil, aka Wolverine…………

Wasions and musicallydeclined checking out the old lock on the Wabash River

Another picture of TooSlow4U………I mean Virgil, indicating how many miles farther he can ride a wheelie than me…………after which he promptly passed me fifth gear pinned on one wheel…………..dang I love riding with this guy!!!

Quick group photo: Tim from OH, and I think Steve from St. Louis area (sorry I can’t remember ADV and real names – please post or PM me and I’ll eidt them correctly) riderIN, billgo77, hackerman…………

After a quick run down the four lane US41 highway we turned onto the old US41 slab………the original highway from Chicago to Miami…….

First gas stop in Patoka, IN………..rain is on its way………I mean the dust control that I ordered was about to be applied quite generously.

Wheeling Covered Bridge – in the rain – not too many riders willing to stop and check out bridge details in this group

The leggy mailbox on Dead Level Rd sporting her “SPOOKY” panties……….I’m thinking that RiderIN likes the Spooky look……..

Saturday lunch stop seemed to visited by most of the riders………I have to say that Sullivan’s Grocery really did a great job bringing in extra staff and making us all feel welcome………..I just love this place!

I think Travis wants one of these……………

Billgo77 wants another one of these………if I understood the story right, he spent a lot of his childhood discovering the treasures of Gibson County on a bike just like this….……

Hazman sportin one bada$$ SuMo………….I think he rode into the campground really late Friday night or early Saturday morning from Missouri…………..rode that thing like he stole it through the slimy muddy roads water holes loose rocks only to be rewarded with a nail stuck in one of his tires (right before he was ready to head home) but GREAT ADVriders take care of each other and the last I saw of him his bike was loaded on a trailer ready to head towards home.

Always impressive to see the latest and greatest gear that shows up for these rides………how to stay dry?.........how to stay warm?...........anybody besides Roger tried out these “poor man’s KLIM” bibs?

Visiting a neat old farm house with 306dad and wasions

Petersburg gas stop……..

oPaulo and son – professional action photog and trophy truck driving team arriving in Petersburg – probably looking for a car wash to rinse of his windshield…………YES he made it through the muddy river bottoms…………..I don’t know how, but he was all smiles when I saw him last

riderIN and hackrman and Tim (standing) getting ready to enjoy some of Bobe’s finsest……..then back to the campground for hot peach cobbler and ice cream…………..YEEEEEEHAAAAAAW!

Campfire festivities – I had a great time hanging out with you guys……..wish I could have spent more time getting to know all of you………please come back next year

Sunday morning – getting ready for launch……………….

Just a little chilly…….nobody complained about having to chip ice off their seat

Sunday breakfast at Glenna’s - I really enjoy hanging out with these folks……….yes, they were a little slow – but that’s the way Glenna does it – she’s the only one who gets to drive the grill……….yes, not everyone got what the ordered – but Poo’s writing is hard to read – besides, she’s got enough attitude to serve whatever she wants…………..hope you all enjoyed this stop as much as I did……..

I didn’t order ham or scrambled eggs, but they were delicious

Sunday lunch at Bo-Mac’s – their rootbeer floats are wonderful

Neat cave north of Shoals………

Wow – the birdhouse man………not much I can say except that you really have to see this with your own eyes………when we were talking to him he was telling us a story of one of the riders painting their bike - right over the mud and then giving the can of paint to him...........we all knew exactly who dontated the paint can.......thanks Bones........then looking at the latest posts, there's the picture..........thanks Bones, its guys like you that make this ride what it is.......and give the rest of us plenty to talk about....hehe

Loose Nut, 306dad and hackrman headed back to the campground………..what a GREAT weekend!

GREAT Ride........Let's do it again - NEXT year is going to be even BETTER!