View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #70
FrankBlank
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
I just rode a 2013 demo at my local dealer today in NJ. He said he still doesn't have firm pricing or details of what the 14 will be or when he will get it. Said they were allocated 4 std units and were hoping to get 2 Rs. Right now they are taking deposits but had no expected date of availability.

ac

i rode the same bike a few days ago (assuming your local dealer is east hanover). i wasn't necessarily expecting to, but i really liked it. the fueling was much better than other non-carburated ktms i've tried. the gearbox was smooth, the suspension was really good (compliant but controlled), it was light for a large bike, and the motor in "sport" mode was pretty f-ing awesome. you'd definitely go through some rear tires on this thing - i didn't exactly go crazy on my ride and the rear was showing a bit of "orange peel" when i got back (i think they were continental trail attacks; pretty street-biased.).

i still think it's kind of a homely bike, especially from the front, but it looked a little bit better in person. i also felt some of the heat i've seen people complaining about in other threads, but on a 55 degree day it was nothing. on the whole, though, i was really impressed - the test ride definitely made an impression. it would certainly be near the top of my list if i was in the market. (though, while it's not the kind of thing you really consider with an "adventure tourer", i could see getting in trouble with my license on this thing.)