View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #73
avc8130
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankBlank View Post
i rode the same bike a few days ago (assuming your local dealer is east hanover). i wasn't necessarily expecting to, but i really liked it. the fueling was much better than other non-carburated ktms i've tried. the gearbox was smooth, the suspension was really good (compliant but controlled), it was light for a large bike, and the motor in "sport" mode was pretty f-ing awesome. you'd definitely go through some rear tires on this thing - i didn't exactly go crazy on my ride and the rear was showing a bit of "orange peel" when i got back (i think they were continental trail attacks; pretty street-biased.).

i still think it's kind of a homely bike, especially from the front, but it looked a little bit better in person. i also felt some of the heat i've seen people complaining about in other threads, but on a 55 degree day it was nothing. on the whole, though, i was really impressed - the test ride definitely made an impression. it would certainly be near the top of my list if i was in the market. (though, while it's not the kind of thing you really consider with an "adventure tourer", i could see getting in trouble with my license on this thing.)
I put 35 miles on that bike and even took it down a gravel road...twice. All I could think of when riding was this:

followed by which will clearly lead to an officer like this

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote