View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #9877
Jimmy crack corn
Gnarly ST Devotee

Oddometer: 87
Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
How do you like the thumper? How are the vibes? How does it compare to the crf/x? Still not sure my wallet can handle two euro bikes at one time

My hands/arms are junked from splitting wood so I went hiking today, got in a solid 12 miles. Would have rather been on the GG.
I love it! Let's just say that my expectations for this 10 yr old motorcycle have been surpassed.

Vibes are nonexistent compared to the smokers or CRFx. Suspension is smooooth. It rides high in the stroke and feels firm but not harsh like the x, and very progressive. The motor is mellow enough down low to maintain traction in snotty conditions with all the grunt I could need from mid to top. Slight stumble off idle is my only complaint. I'm about to shake a wrench at the cap of a bottle of SeaFoam carb rebuild kit. Hope that does the trick cause I'd hate to break a nail or get my skirt dirty working on this thing.
"But first... first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril. Mm-hmm. You shall see thangs, wonderful to tell. And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them." -The Blind Seer

Jimmy crack corn screwed with this post 11-11-2013 at 10:19 AM
Jimmy crack corn is offline   Reply With Quote