View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #14
jontaylor
jontaylor

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRman View Post
Well you picked the year of the longest winter in 30 years i can recall!

You picked ideal bikes for the conditions though. How did you go following the GPS track? Last weekend of couple of locals recorded the Neslon to Swan Lake section. I will do the "pretty way" back into Portland next weekend, but where possible I will avoid the deep water sections.

I guess the advice to ride SWAT in late Spring and Autumn is sound if you are on bigger bikes.

Great Video
yeah it must still be wet down there, i drew my own gps track using base camp and the one you had posted, some of the tracks where hard to follow especially with all the water, and we went along the road to digby by for fuel as we were low and worried about getting turned around by the flooding water,
the track from nelson to portland was some of the best on the bikes we were on, we pretty much followed the logging forest tracks all the way to cape bridgewater, did end up on the southwest walking trail a couple of times,
coming into nelson we spent a lot of time on the walking trail, not ideal, but made for an excellent run into nelson, i can try and post the gps maps i have if you want to see where we ended up
in general an excellent trip,
jontaylor is offline   Reply With Quote