View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #41
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK650 View Post
Roger,

I have a question on the XIED. Does it richen the mixture across all throttle settings? Just curios if it's possible to still run at stoich during steady state cruising for fuel economy, but have richer mixture at both low throttle, as well as when you get on it. Kind of like having an adjustable low speed jet, and an accelerator pump in carb terms? The device has certainly got my interest, now that you guys have educated me, on the limited functionality of the PCV, as compared to how it works on other bikes.

Jeff
Jeff,
The XIED creates a new reference point. Rather than changing from rich to lean voltage at 14.7:1 you can select other ratios. Once you do the BMSK uses what it learns during closed loop (cruising) operation to adjust Open Loop fueling.

It turns out that a slightly richer cruise creates a better roll-on throttle response as well.

As far as mileage goes from the richer cruise, about half the added fuel is used to produce power and half goes out the tailpipe. So if you add 6% fuel mileage at high cruise >65 MPH goes down about 3% but for speeds below that you will often run a higher gear and get better mileage.
roger 04 rt is offline   Reply With Quote