View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #418
funklab OP
high plains drifter

Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbin View Post
Uhhh... so I'm slightly late to the game here but what's the latest funklab? I see you've been logged in as recently as this past July... what's new with school? did you/are you getting out on that Harley trike? Is traveling through a Spanish speaking country still in the plans?
You were a couple years late to the game, so I don't feel extra bad about being a couple months late on this reply

Still doin the school thing... 18 more months and I can change my screen name to Dr funklab, but then there's the whole residency gig for at least 3 years. It's tough going, this med school thing... keeps ya busy. I still have the Harley and I took it out for several rides, but in all honesty I haven't so much as laid eyes on her in over a year, she's locked up in a storage unit three hours from where I live at the moment. Last time I took I dropped in to take her out for a ride, the Harley disagreed with me. Seems that gas shouldn't be left in an old bike for months on end. I've never had a bike that I didn't ride for months on end, but then again I've never been this busy before... live and learn I guess.

Traveling thru a spanish speaking country or twelve is still on the agenda, but my time is spoken for... at least for the next 6-7 years. That being said I'm having a great time doing what I'm doing. I'd still love to get back out on the road, and plan to do so, but apparently I need to do some growing up first (read that as getting a job that pays money, instead of school that tends to have the opposite effect on one's finances).

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowstoneBen View Post
That's awesome - the story continues!
Summer of 2012 I took a road trip (in a car unfortunately) out your way...

Camped out by Meredith lake in Texas

which ain't much of a lake any more...

Drove up some crazy volcano in New Mexico and got caught in a thunderstorm at the top

Capulin

Saw this big hole in the ground from the north rim this time.

Then drove over to Yellowstone where the wildlife apparently doesn't give a shit that people are four feet away snapping photos...

With the obligatory visit to that geyser...

...and a peek inside the lodge nearby which was really quite impressive... they don't build lobby's like this anymore...

...it's a terrible photo, but the Old Faithful Inn is a pretty cool building. As you can imagine it costs a pretty penny to stay there as well, so we camped outside with the buffalo and grizzlies.

Drove a few thousand miles in-between and there and back.

Well at least if I'm going to bump an ancient ride report I posted a couple more photos

I've been dreaming up new trips lately... I'll have to see if I can peel off some time over the holidays and get the old harley running again. It's a damn shame to be reduced to riding a harley, but it's even worse to have one sitting around and not ride it.

I'll see ya'll again in another couple years... or maybe sooner

funk

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262651
funklab is offline   Reply With Quote