View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #1982
California
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 2,901
I was there, sat in the grandstand at turn 15. great seats, the cars are visible for over 35 seconds of a 1:45 lap.

Very well organized, beautiful facility, great, very international crowd. On the downside. parking is a problem, with the shuttles subject to the same traffic as everyone else.

We parked on Sunday in a private lot, down near the main track entrance. The idea being that while everyone else is tied up in the jam trying to get out of the closer parking lots, we would walk the half mile to the car, climb in and blast out. It worked exactly as planned. we had no problems getting out. Remember, the farther in to the track you park, the more traffic you have to navigate to get out at the end of the day.

We paid $100 for the ticket, each day, and while they were excellent seats, and the race was quite boring, next time, it's general admissionm, and wande around.

The price of drinks and food was stunning. $4.50 for a bottle of water? WTF.

The team merchandising booths were non stop busy, and the stuff is really cool, is obviously overpriced. Really? $50.00 for a baseball cap with logos?

But, alll that having been said, I will be there again next year.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference
California is offline   Reply With Quote