View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 05:23 AM   #269
Malindi OP
Zen Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by achesley View Post
Loved you direct approach to life. Super loved the fantastic photos. I didn't read what you were / are using for processing. And, your thoughts on not just having an 18/250 lens for travel to pretty much cover most bases.
Thanks for the time and efforts to share this journey with us that will never see it any way except though great reports as this. Wish you well on your future journeys. Where ever they may take your.
Oh yes, love your web site and the pictures. Now bookmarked for when I'm in the photo mode.
On the photo front ... I started out with a Nikon D700 and a 24-70 f2.8 plus a 105 f2.8. That proved too little and somewhere along the line, when I was back in Canada for a week, I messed the kit around and ended up with: D700, 50 1.4G, 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8. WAAAAY too much for such a long trip on a bike, but it ALL got used extensively. It did take up the entire right side of one pannier though. In the future, I MAY limit it again to the 24-70 f2.8 on the new Nikon Df body ...