View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 04:54 AM   #6
snatchy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksgone View Post
Hey,
any new info on this? Currently heading south and it looks like Bariloche would be the ideal place to change rear k60. What are my chances of finding a decent tire for a decent price down there?
Any Help?
Cheers
Hi Mark
How is it going?
Never caught up with you when I was over there - must have missed each other in Peru or something? Hope your trip is going well after the slow start. I am back in FNQ. It is hot.

I didn't find any good rear tyres in any of the shops in Bariloche when I was there in April except a rear Metzeler Sahara 3. I used one of these tyres later in the trip and they were OK but only lasted 5,000kms so useless really. Thankfully I didn't buy it at that time in Bariloche because it was 1100 pesos from memory. Very expensive. Kept going to Santiago and much more range and cheaper.
The Guys that Misery Goat posted up were useful when we went in so worth a look in there but being Argentina I wouldn't expect a huge range at cheap prices.
I would suggest getting in contact with the BMW rental guys in Orsono as they seem to be one of the few carrying K60's in Chile or Argentina. Orsono is not far from Bariloche.
All the best
snatchy is offline   Reply With Quote