Thread: Rally Diabolico
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #105
HogWild OP
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC61 View Post
Fantastic marketing slogan. How soon will the shirts be available?
Good idea!

A couple of days ago I was talking to a neighbor about the rally. When I told him about entry fees he thought that's how much we pay the competitors, and he wouldn't race it no matter how much we paid him!

But to be honest, we've backed off a bit on the "crazy" stuff. We have to work around a nature preserve this year, which has taken away one of my favorite super challenging features. We may be able to bring it back in the future, but for our first year we need to keep things manageable for the competitors as well as our helpers. This first year it will for sure be challenging, but for those who are afraid it may be "too hard", I would say come and do it and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Those who want to win or place well will have to take on a few bigger challenges. Those who just want to finish will be spared the worse in exchange for a few extra minutes on their overall time.

BTW, we should be announcing the entry fees VERY soon (maybe tomorrow), and entries will open not long after that.
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote