View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #67
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,406
I think the proposed Superbike rules are to align with WSBK, BSB and the European championships. Makes sense. The XR1200 Series is funded almost exclusively by Vance & Hines not HD. Vance & Hines sells the race kit, pays the purse and generous points fund, does promotion and supplies some gear to the riders. V&H use the series to market to their cruiser customers and it brings money into the paddock. It must work as V&H keep supporting it. Doesn't matter is HD is no longer selling the bike, HD isn't using the series to sell bikes or much of anything else, AFAIK.

SuperSport grids were healthier than the DSB grids last season. Both series are being combined into a single 600 class for 2015 so I can see dumping the East/West Championships. The "small-bore" series they mention in the press release is something DMG has been trying to do for several years with no success. They probably want a spec series with OEM money behind it like the Honda 500 series in Europe. Good luck with that.

Without a healthier schedule (as you mentioned) and a good TV package, even the best domestic class structure in the world won't matter.

DogBoy screwed with this post 12-06-2013 at 09:33 PM
DogBoy is offline   Reply With Quote