View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #9
Motomochila
Mechanically Inept

Oddometer: 821
California here. And yep, we ride all year, and we know you're all jealous. But we do also like the occasional foray into the cold. It reminds us all who live here why we stay here. Most wouldn't know it but the desert gets quite cold in the winter, the mountains have too much snow so the desert is our ride of choice. The trip through Death Valley and over into Nevada gets into the teens and usually down into single digits in January every winter. My buddies and I make sure we do this at least once per year. It helps balance the 110 we ride in during the summer.

Move farther north in the land of fairies and governor moonbeam and it gets real cold. Teens to mid 20's often. There are far more riders on the roads in No-Cal during the winter than I've ever seen east of the Mississippi. I guess it's just a cultural thing to pack your bike away for the winter. Out here, we just have a closer relationship with our bikes.