View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
wolfmanluggage
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Pilot Trans.Urban

I picked up one of these jackets while at the AIME Expo. I am a Jacket Junkie.

I have been using the jacket mainly commuting back and forth to work. The temp range was between 30-60 degrees F.

Visually the jacket has a nice ADV Look. I like the features, Full Venting, Well sealed front Closure, Neoprene at the Throat and Sleeve cuffs. Good Pocket placement, -Easy to reach. I like the fact the hip pockets are open at the rear so your hands can go in.
The Construction: The sewing is very good, clean and tight. (I know good sewing)
The Armor is placed correctly on the shoulders, forearm and back.
The fit is good for me. I have a thick neck and do not like the collar to bind. I was not a big fan of jackets with insulated liners. I actually like this feature. I like the fact that I can just throw the coat on and go to work; I don't have to “suit- up”. Sometimes I just threw the liner on without it being zipped in because the ride home was way warmer. The Snap “Sleeve Take ups” do exactly that they take up the extra material.
The Lower sleeve snaps occasionally come unfastened as I would move around off the bike.

Two areas I cannot comment about are:
Venting, since our weather here in Colorado has gotten colder-Vents Closed.
Weatherproofness: we have had snow and floods so far this year, but I have not had a chance to ride in bad weather.

So now the bottom line—Price. I wandered around my local M/C Dealer looking at their Jacket offerings, the usual stuff, Coretech and Firstgear,. The Pilot Trans.Urban would compete very nicely with all of these. I looked at these brands, the Trans.Urban offers a very good value for the money.

At $225.00 this is a bargain, no Question. Overall rating is 4 out of 5.

wolfmanluggage is offline   Reply With Quote