View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #106
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
i had a mission to make contact with another who had jumped ship from a sub just off the north coast of ireland................he was supposedly disguised as a local
country singer and would be passing himself off as such. all i knew is his handle was 'dod'

so early october last i set out to make contact from my base high in the sligo hills...................the intel was sparse on this mission but i've been sent on worser and
badderer ones !

first stop was to get a drink....................i know i'm off it and all that but sometimes, well sometimes it just helps................so i stopped here

rat a tat tat and hey presto, in you go........................just a quick one gets the cold outta the body..........................and off up the road
roundabouts here, well anything goes on them.........(traffic circles to you muricans) and this one was no dafter than any other
wtf...............a dancing wave with arms and a boat on top.............!!!

and some dumbfu*k probably got a fortune to come up with this totally bollixed idea.

two scoops later (quick as a flash) i was in donegal town and contemplating 'dod's disguise...................this part of the country is crammed full of wannabee
country singers...............and most have not a single note in their fu*kin heads................so he'd surely blend in................but how would i find him ?
castle in donegal........................bastard crow/bird got in my pic.................no manners these birds, none, eat anything.............shit anywhere birds

a little education here 'as gaeilge'................and no, it's not 'ulster scots' - although a galloping horse would have a hard time separating them.

this be a great eating house 'la bella donna'.................genuine local italian fare..............seriously it's is brilliant. but at this hour it was still closed. next time.

onwards up the quiet road.........i was contemplating again, this time i was thinking on the seasons, how spring and summer boil the blood in the veins, short skirts and long looks causing vexatious thoughts to unravel in the head and other places.............how autumn and winter it's much the same but not quite as often..........how you end up with distractions as harvest time, hallo'ween, christmas and new year.................and then the whole mad festival kicks off again !
stopped to get a pic looking back at the sligo hills in the background

beautiful slippy slidy smooth roads guided me onwards

and the occasional cottage to admire on the way....................today was going to be a good good day, i could feel it in my trousers, it could be a great day..........the sap was rising and the mood was doing the same thing.............hmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

sometimes i get asked
what does go on in your head, what does go on in there............often i get asked this and it is difficult to explain..........it is lovely in there sometimes, really really happy..............and then it can be so so dark................the dark never disappears, i see it always and if i can concentrate away from it things are fine.............think of bikes, girls, drink, food and repeat three times daily !
and rat a tat tat again........open sesame

no country and western singers in here, at least not right now.
so i finish up and move on out.................i'll soon be in gaeltacht country, wild, beautiful and moody, and that's just the ladies.
and before you ask, no it's still not 'ulster scots'

this be the toon of 'dungloe' or as we call it 'an clochan liath'......................hmmmmmmmmmmm!
so, now we are getting remoter and remoter.

the pic below shows what we call 'turf' before stuff turns to coal, even before it turns to lignite it is rotten decomposed vegetation and if cut out and dried
we can burn it, smoke it and rub it all over to get all kinds of cures from ailments you can't even imagine.

no sign of stetsons or horses or cowboy boots yet, in fact so sign of very much at all, just the land all around.

'keep her country '............. be back in a flash ......
mka is offline   Reply With Quote