View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 04:09 AM   #107
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
flash over......................it was good for me...........hmm.............not so good for others
so, soon i was entering a very built up area and stopped to admire the beautiful houses and mansions which pervade (?) the area

some of these 'ranches' have magnificient views

the mood was good indeed and it felt like i was on day release from the mental...............a bit like a giddy freedom i was not accustomed to but really liked the
taste of nontheless...................it was like being at my first dance/disco/rave (delete as appropriate) and seeing stuff/bits/skirt that i'd only previously dreamed of..........the memories flood back !
each of the wee houses/tighins must have such history of long forgotten families and love and all that manifests itself between four walls............it freaks me that
all of it is lost or has slipped away or has emigrated to other lands and fades in mists of time.

but still no sign of the man in cowboy boots...........hmmm
and a wee hoose not yet abandoned..............there might be a fine thing in there who might have the kettle on for to give a passing stranger a wee cup o tae ! and maybe a chat a biscuit or even a bit of some sweet cake............well, of course i did the usual rat a tat tat.............and, oh but thats another story !

i now enclose some signs for your perusal (just filler really but someone somewhere might have a fetish for a sign, so this one's for you bud !)

now, fetish sign man, you owe me ! and before any of you numpties ask, no, it's not 'ulster scots' !
after the very nice cup of tea and such i went on my way and soon, too soon i had to stop..............the itch was at me.....wtf
so i pulled up, got off and 'strained the spuds' 'drained the lizard (?) ...had to admire the view as it snaked in front of/behind me. hahahahahaha

with my mission in mind it was imperative (!) i scan the coastal areas first in hope of finding some clues as to the whereabouts of my quarry . with that i made my way to the sea, to the sea, to the sea.
first 'port of call'

nothing much shaking here, at least from what i could see

stetson man might be in among all this...........so i did my secret whistle.................only thing i ris was a couple of sleepy seals, time to mosey

thought to myself to make some kind of inquiries in order to assertain the whereabouts of 'boots' so i tentatively plied a few polite words here 'in san oifig an phoist'.

the wee cailin/girl inside was ag caint gaeilge/speaking the mother tongue and after a few pleasantries/cupla focal i came away out thinking.......thats another other story too !

the upshot of our chat was that the place would be covered in stetsons come sundown, after all this was the wild west, and most fancy themselves as country singers...........! mother of god, how would i find him now.
on out along the wild coast goes i, in search of gods knows who in god knows where..................and there's a fair bit of coast to search.

zooming in and zooming out all along the way

and zooming in again................no, nothing, nothing at all

when, all of a sudden, in my sights i see something....................mighty stuff...............except................except it looks female..................man, what a disguise...............smart thinking 'boots'....................

so i slip down to 'boots' and introduce myself, talking away, then i notice she/he can't hear me cos of the headphones.............i think to myself stupidly, why not try the old crocodile dundee introduction method...............no sooner had i dropped my hand than i got a punch in the kisser..............smack............i fell back a little and slowly, ever so slowly it dawned on me maybe this wasn't 'boots' at all, maybe it was a female afterall, and maybe i better beat a retreat from this ever so slightly embarrassing situation.
i explained myself as best i could to the nice lady as gaeilge and soon it became apparent to her that yes, i must be on day release indeed !
going to have a cup of tea now to warm up, perhaps a biscuit/cookie also. me hands are going numb from writing this drivel.
mka is online now   Reply With Quote