View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #15
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
Ben,

I have a 950 which is getting some winter loving too, we should do some big bike rides when they are both all better!

Drew

Hey Drew,

Ya that would be a good time. Although if Im trying to keep up with you a small bike sound a lot more fun Im thinking about doing a spring ride around Rabbit Valley, White Wash and TT, Monkey Butt style, you interested

Anyway back on track for the big bikes what all are you doing to your's this winter?

I ordered a valve spring compressor last night so Im starting to move forward. I have a DR350 I need to get back together and am using the proceeds from its sale to fund the 950 rebuild. Hopefully I will get the engine pulled by the 1st and see what all I need to order.

I was looking at parts diagrams last night and did not realize the 950 uses standard auto style bearing for the crank and rods. I was thinking it was going to be roller or ball bearing so I should probably split the case and replace those correct?. I dont know for sure but it seems roller/ball bearing on the crank and rods are more reliable????

I am also going to replace the shift fork roller bearing and probably the shift drum as well as check specs on oil pumps etc once the cases are split. $100 for the shift drum is not too bad so might as well seeing its an update.....

I really hope the pistons/jugs and heads are in good shape. Like most things this will cost more than I expected but if those items need replacing it will really drive up the cost

DirtyAdv thanks for the pics!

Thanks guys

COXR650L screwed with this post 12-17-2013 at 06:29 AM
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote