View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #24
Louis Wambsganss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlurr View Post
But its not, more than likely the feeling you are associating with being slick tires are simply going from tires which have more shape to them, something you lost as your old ones wore in the center.
Tires with more shape (all tires via different brands, or tread) will have a different handling characteristic, and you should take that into account anytime you start to ride until you are familiar.

But whatever, this entire debate reminds me of religion "Well just in case I will pray" PFFFTTT
I don't pray for anything. I'm an Engineer.

Of all the tires I have owned, only these Z8s have caused me any issues. I have even had other Metzelers (ME880s) without any issues.

I have had the rear fishtail on clean concrete on a warm day in a sweeping turn, nowhere near maximum lean or high throttle input, in the middle of a couple-hour-long ride (not cold tires). No sand, oil, or debris on the road. Just extending into the chicken strips further than before on new tires. As can be seen on my previous post with the pic, I was not anywhere near the edge of the tire.

I have not fallen or crashed due to this, just felt the fishing, puckered up for a second, and continued on. I can certainly believe others who have had similar experiences with similar or worse outcomes.
Louis Wambsganss is offline   Reply With Quote