View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 02:00 AM   #33
TheBlurr OP
Banned

Oddometer: 5,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcd View Post
For two weeks each year I go to the IOM TT/ Manx GP. I have watched literally hundreds of riders go off the line with stickers on their new shiny tyres and hit top speed straight away. But if you watch and listen to the on board footage, of which there is many hours on Youtube, they all take it (slightly) easier for the first few corners and miles.

I rate their "real road racing" opinion, higher than your gravel trap/air fence cosseted track racers and tutors.
so lets think about what u said for a minute. These guys are taking corners right off at speeds the rest of can only dream of under the best of times. Yet meanwhile joe blow is wrecking driving down the road at normal speeds and the tires must be slick, ok then.
I seriously doubt a single one of them would discredit A former world moto gp champs manager as a gravel trap tutor lol. Come on man read the article and think about what yer saying.
Quote:

But, I do also agree with you that the profile of a new tyre makes a bike feel different, and could mistakenly be blamed on the coating.
Now we are getting somewhere, a reasonable mind presented with a new Idea

TheBlurr screwed with this post 12-21-2013 at 02:43 AM
TheBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote