View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 05:06 AM   #113
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
letter to santy written and sent up the chimney...............hmmmmmmmmmmmmm !
anyways hands a bit warmer now so onward with this wandering minstrel show.
i passed through a small valley with pinkish rock (pic does not do it justice) and here was this ould buck on the roadside and he was dancing !
he must have been eighty or ninety and all scraggly unshaven hippy look goin' on, dancing away a wee jig on the side of the road.
all alone here he was lost in the music inside his head.............it was quite something to witness, i felt i was intruding on some very
private scenario, so i kept my head down and passed him by ever so slowly...............he never looked up, he was just lost in the beauty of
his dance.

i couldn't bring myself to actually stop and take a pic of this surreal going on, it would have broken the spell so i just moseyed on.
back out on the bleak coast nothing was stirring, not even a mousie, nothing to eat here even for a mousie.

i was making my way towards 'horn head' - i know what you are all thinking, first bloody foreskin and now horn head - it's a paddy thing
i suppose, catholic guilt all mixed up with base desires and something has to give !

mka is offline   Reply With Quote