Old 12-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
AriWiedaetschi OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Day 2 Motobike cave Hotel roof on fire

Day 2
Stage: Franzensbad-Jablonne(CZ) 326 km
Lossses: crumbeled numberplate , Hotelroof
Description: beautiful trip along the border with plenty of views and some of the travel planned but unplanned surprises

The morning started with bright sunshine and a hearty breakfast, and the first free choice of route through the German-Czech border region.

So it goes to the border , which we already knew quite well from our holiday in the Erzgebirge. Nevertheless, the speed with which this region has developed was amazing. There was nothing more with lonely roads. Everything changes ..... no not all ..... the only way is to orient here are the bike path markings.

I must once again adapt the route, because we are running late (a condition that should be in the next 20 days normal state) and we absolutely want to visit even caves from the Moto Club "Pekelné Doly", which would be closed on the following day. After a much too brisk ride through the canyons of this exciting area and after a break in Napoleon's Pet

and the obligatory Pancakes with huge portion of ice

(sorry was hypoglycaemic,'ve eaten ddas image)

we can make it actually shortly after six to break into the caves.

We spend in and around the caves an hour and I have to say that the holed rock was already a little highlight.

We leave the valley that leads to the caves and keep on Jablonne because we hope to find accommodation there. My GPS found a Hotel in the middel of the town. I let the group returned briefly unattended and find an old hotel on the market.

A somewhat younger woman with part-Iro (right normal left bald) is aware of me. I ask and she gives us three huge rooms.

he Iro-mouse is super helpful and we are allowed to park the bikes in the courtyard. Where we find that the top floor of the hotel is freshly burned. All the same, this huge room with bath and Jacuzzi are top class

and the best in terms of the menu was to come.

Has anyone ever ordered fried Hermelin without getting into a serious conflict with the Humane Society??
We can. And the diabolical masses in the potato pancakes have recently come on top of my "what I want to eat again soon" list.

Conclusion Day 2:
The Tschechich-German-Polish border area with its beautiful scenery the low prices and good eating and drinking is one of the tastiest alternatives to my beloved Vosges Mountains or the Black Forest.
AriWiedaetschi is offline   Reply With Quote