Thread: 2013 Giant Loop
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #365
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,086
I picked up a Bivy Bag last spring, with the same plan in mind. It is an Integral Designs Unishelter and is a step above the normal bivy sack, with a roof line single pole. Sure packs small and with the curved pole, packs next to the center stuff sack.
I have yet to camp in it, but it has been on the last couple of rides to see how it fits into my Coyote load-out. This is a web pic, mine is red and covered in seam sealer.

The flannel sleeper is a cool concept, kinda old-school cowboy style. I have heard of guys using quilts and a tarp instead of a sleeping bag and tent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
mines a eureka 40* so same thing when its cold. i dont know what you use but i found these a while back and simply put, awesome. i use it by itself sometimes.

i have the emergency bivy and i think i'm gonna buy the utility blanket
http://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/...l/shelter.html

my bag and this bivy fit into the top kidney bag, everything else doesnt fill the two side bags, you can see in the pic even though i packed some extra clothes the sides at the compression straps are totally empty

for summer i made a sleeping bag out of flannel sheets, i can do overniters comfy with nothing more than a kreiga r15.

go light go fast was kinda my motto before you clowns stole it

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 12-23-2013 at 11:12 AM