View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 03:19 AM   #1088
SirJono_777
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
Sir Jono and Balken Boy make the R8 look like my R3 in regards to size, haha. Even the large R8 looks minimal on you guys.

Sir Jono good to see another type 1 diabetic out enjoying life as it should. When I was diagnosed (aged 12) the medical experts frowned on my scuba diving, rock climbing etc saying it was too dangerous for diabetics. Luckily I learned how to handle the disease with my lifestyle and enjoy life. I talk to newly diagnosed diabetics often and am happy to see the medical field progressing and learning to help diabetics live a full life they enjoy.
I hear ya. After I had a couple of hospitalizations as a youngster at school my parents got pretty protective (understandably) and I missed out on a lot of things growing up. Since then I have been making up for it and doing whatever I want and managing my levels just fine. it just takes a bit of extra planning and redundancy of my medical supplies. My job takes me around Australia filming in remote locations, on boats usually, and I have no issues and don't let it stop me.

You're a great advocate for living with Diabetes and its great that you take the chance to talk to newly diagnosed diabetics. I actually think I had it easy at 4 years old. I didn't have to change my lifestyle much as I was a kid.. It would be so much harder for those in their teens or adulthood.

Anyway... Kriega rocks Thanks for sharing FTB. Keep on riding
SirJono_777 is offline   Reply With Quote