View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Boarder06 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Eastbound, to the Stans

Happy Holidays Inmates,

The festive season seems like the perfect time to start writing another ride report. I will take you on a four months ride from Germany to the Pamir. Compared to my last ride report this one will be fewer words and more pictures. I wonít be giving a day-by-day account. So it will be much shorter.

It seemed like too much time had passed since my last big bike trip to Iran and I was itching to get on the road again on two wheels. Iím a bit of a visual traveler. I read a lot, both online and offline, and if I like the look of a place, I kind of file it away in the back of my mind as a place I want to visit. For this trip, I just had a rough idea of heading east and wanting to end up in one of the Stans. I didnít have a fixed time frame (other than the limitations of fall and winter) and I didnít plan all that much as far as routes go. I only got Russian and Kazakh visas before leaving home, everything else would have to be sorted out on the road. I learned on my last big motorbike trip that traveling solo, open ended, and with no fixed route is a good recipe to have some adventures.

Here is a small selection of teaser pictures to whet your appetite:

The report will have high resolution versions of these pictures and many more. I hope youíll be along for the ride.

Cheers,
Boarder

Boarder06 screwed with this post 12-26-2013 at 03:04 AM Reason: typo
Boarder06 is offline   Reply With Quote