View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 06:45 AM   #120
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
burn, baby, burn

...just like the slow boat to china......this is taking forever.........apologies...........much to say......not sure how.........keepin' on...!!
well shooby dooby do.............nollaig freisin duit dude !...............and good to meet, bastchild........buenos dias senor e senorita !
i started to smell a smoky kinda smell as i stood there, bike between my legs, and thought...........the bike..........tyres....??
so i hopped off and took me lid/helmet off, nope bike looks ok, but the smell was much worse now, acrid smoke, not good.
looking around i could only see some buildings but no smoke............what is going on ?
then i noticed some people pointing at the bike and backing away ?
so i check it again, nothing, but the smell was putrid by now ?
then i realised, the smell was from me, i was the one smoking, my ass was almost alight, so i run into the grass, roll around, and it does the trick...........!!
then the penny dropped as the smoke cleared and i could see round me.................the buildings.........aaahhhhhh........i was on holy ground.........!!!
up like frig, and away like a mad thing, fast as i could go, out through the gates and finally the acrid smell relinquished its grip of my nostrils, soon i was breathing clear air and the pulse slowed.
this is what caused the whole thing to kick off...............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

i was so caught up in the hunt for boots and then seeing the buck in the toooo big onesie that i hadn't realised i had stepped upon
hallowed sacred ground, and well, that's another story altogether.
i made my way back to safety and things started to ease.

i stopped again further on my trail, searching near and far, but nothing was rising.....this was turning out to be some sort of false expedition.
i hummed along to ......."in the month of may, in the city of paris, i heard the bells ring, in the month of may and i called out your
name"........"just to pass the time, just to pass the time"
got close to this place............kind of holy graveyard............not too close though............had enough of that for one day.

asked around only to be told he had been this way alright and had used a boat to get to the other side so i followed the directions and eventually came upon this

no sign of anything else, by now i was fed up, tired, and pissed off as i had had no caffeine for at least thirty minutes.........so i said bollox to this and headed on home................i had had a good day out but had failed again in my search...........met some nice people..........saw some fine things and sights too...........almost combusted..........but it was time, yes it was time to go.
i hared outta there and opened her up to the good time revs, just dug in, lay down, and listened to the sweet sweet duet, that is, the triple and the arrow pipe playing together on a sunny evening in the way way back of beyonds........i was ravin' on.
as i neared the homeplace i pulled in, blood racing thru me, stopped, just to hear the cooling engine and smell the rubber....i was happy !

i had to clean the visor a bit too.
mka is offline   Reply With Quote