View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
Rikki Rockett OP
Look What The Cat Rode In

Oddometer: 229
I ride on road the most at this point. However, what I really think is that an Adventure bike, weather it's a Tiger, 1200 GS, Stelvio, 800 GS or whatever is that they all have shortcomings. My thought is this… leave the Tiger as is. Mainly on road with dirt capability for rides where that is the basic equation. Set the 990 up where dirt is more in the equation. (Like a trip out to Death Valley with mainly dirt roads and some sort of rough stuff, but taking paved roads part of the way to get there.) That is my way of rationalizing the fact that the damn 990 Baja just flat out appeals to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone11 11 View Post
Depends....do you currently own all of those bikes listed in your tag line? If so, then probably not.

Outside of that, it all depends on where you ride the most. The tiger can be a decent off-roader, lots of fellahs have got them through some pretty hairy places. Look up inmate "Guiltyparty"s RR. It is only when you compare something like the Baja to a tiger that you start to see some of the short comings. And given the capabilities of something like a 990 baja, you've really gotta be pushing off-raod to get to those short comings IMHO.....which would probably mean you're currently or will very soon be, riding off-road most of the time...which brings us back to the original question....where do you ride the most?.....