View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #17
spencergt66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Rockett View Post
Do you wish you would have gone with the 990 or maybe the new 1190 instead of the Tiger 1200?

No... to me each bike has its own purpose. 1200 tiger is a nice comfy bike for sport touring and some fire roads if needed 990 to me is something you take when you only want dirt a lot of it and know the dirt will be either fast really bad or both.

Only ridden the 1190R twice and I think this is a bit between the 2 as is the 1200 GSA but the 1190 being a bit more off road oriented.

To me the tiger 1200 is an awesome Bike but has a lot of bulk and lacks the suspension to make it more off road suited Maybe one day Ohlins will fix this but no adjustablity is a big downer

Also a husky TR650 is like buying a XR650L with better looks. Heavy low power and mediocre components.

I still think bang for the Buck would be the 990 Great power to weight and a really good starting point for suspension. The Tiger 800 is close but at almost the same price or right at the same price there is a huge compromise on some key components.

In the end you need to buy or ride what will net you most Smiles per gallon As long as your riding something that really the point right?
spencergt66 is offline   Reply With Quote