View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 05:00 AM   #60
WilsonGermany OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
Excellent video! Looks like you both had a lot of fun! You will be glad you're still not in Scotland; it has been raining heavily non-stop for the last 4 days! I live in a town 20miles from Glasgow and you have explored more of Scotland than I have....

...Bring on the summer!
Thanks ;) We loved Scotland, and we think there are more places to visit for sure...

Sooo today the day has come I've been waitng for the whole time in England/Scotland.... unfortunately.... rain, rain and again rain.....

Today we wanted to go further to the north...past Loch Ness...

wake up and it drizzels...grrr...not great but all right...

first have breakfast and gather one's strength...tasty pancakes

in the wash house...at least it was warm there...check of the map is really important...

Tada and here we are....no photos of our journey today... why? because it was raining heavily the whole day... but we filmed instead ;)
In Inverness we didn't want to go further and searched for a hotel already... but unfortunately everything was booked up....so we decided to drive to Loch Ness to search for the monster But the weather got on our nerves and there was also no place for the night....
The drama took its course...from one hotel to the next and always the sign "no vanacies"... after 50miles and countless hotels/b&b we were at the end of our tether...
But why were all the rooms booked up? Because of the oil companies...they book all the rooms/hotels for their workers, which are working there during the season...you have to know this...

in the end we were again on a campsite...with wet clothes, wet tent and without any food..

first discover the area a little bit...the rain stopped...at last!

thankfully the campsite owner had a few things in his mini-shop...

WilsonGermany is offline   Reply With Quote