View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 06:48 AM   #182
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 649
We hope every ADVRider had a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbit123 View Post
I took advantage of the Thanksgiving special and have now had a chance to try them on. I usually wear a loose fit 36x30 jean (so maybe more like a 38x30 regular cut) and was initially concerned with 32" being the shortest length. I ordered a 38x32 pair and the length works perfectly fine with riding boots on. The pants feel comfortable and the bit of elasticity (2% spandex) in the jeans make the straight leg fit doable for me, otherwise it would probably be too tight in the thigh and waist.

I was looking for a casual pant option to use when meeting up with friends. While aesthetically I would prefer a looser fit jean that would make the body armor less noticeable, it would ruin the protective aspect as the armor would likely shift in a get off.

I'd love the ability to remove the armor when I'm not on the bike, but taking the jeans off to do so isn't a reasonable option for me, so I'll just leave them in. A great advancement from the manufacturer (in my opinion) would be a zipper that runs along the seem near the knee to be able to remove the knee armor (i.e. the rukka armas pants ... http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/rukka-armas-pants/ ), assuming it wouldn't ruin how the jeans would hold up in a wreck.

Hope this review is helpful. I won't get a chance to ride with them until the weather warms, but I'm happy to answer any questions in the interim.
Thanks for you review. We love feedback and suggestions, so when you do ride with them feel free to post up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucker View Post
Status check on ladies-fit...my wife is bugging me.

No ladies just yet, this year will be a great year though