View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #10
kaosrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 806
In

Count me IN. I think it is a great idea and everyone "should" join in.

Here is my reasoning for others to consider. You have a dream. It is to get an adventure bike and start riding some adventures. You get the bike, however, life keeps getting in the way. This is the same with trying working out to lose weight or whatever else you "want" to do. What I have noticed is that in order to move certain "dreams" up in priority versus "life in the way" you have to make commitments. These commitments have to be more than just (gee, I want to ride this weekend.) I bet you can guess what those weekend rides you dream of get replaced with. yep "life", hunny you need to paint the bathroom this weekend. So the solution is to have some focused goals that include "real excuses" that will work versus life. Hunny, I would love to do the bathroom this weekend, however I am signed up to "compete" in this upcoming adventure event for the chance to win an new adventure bike. If I win one I will be able to buy more furniture that you want for the living room... or whatever...you get the point.

My real point to this is it will not be about winning "the bike". It will be that you were able to get your dreams past the wishing stages versus "life" trying to interrupt your passions.

Just a thought anyway, this stuff has worked for me as real life excuses in other ventures. A real competition does carry weight when family and friends try to include you in their priorities.

I hope this takes off.
kaosrider is online now   Reply With Quote