View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 12:44 AM   #25
Spud Rider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,705
Although my Spud Rollers wore like iron, I have stopped selling them. In fact, I have even stopped using them myself. I discovered the impact from the drive chain was causing the roller bolts to fracture the plastic chain guide. Therefore, I have removed the Spud Rollers from my chain guide. In fact, I haven't even replaced the chain guide slider. I have left the bottom of the chain guide open. Since I am not taxing the bike's suspension anywhere near its limits, I haven't had any problems result from opening the bottom of the chain guide.

Therefore, my experiment with chain rollers is complete. If I ever decide to once again enclose the bottom of the chain guide, I will revert back to the stock, chain guide slider. I have sent a personal message to this forum's moderator asking him to close this thread. I wish to thank everyone who purchased my Spud Rollers, and I wish you all ride nothing but happy trails.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil