View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #3
3-wheeled Drifter
johnny_killmore's Avatar
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: High desert, California
Oddometer: 308
I am the reigning West coast champion in the SRA-West Formula Sidecar Championship ( and am the current President of the SRA-West. I am unaware of any national license for pavement going sidecar racers. On the east coast is On the west coast is the aforementioned SRA-West. I currently hold an FIM sidecar license carried over from 2013. It was a "pencil-whip" because the AMA is the only body in the US that can issue an FIM license and I needed one to compete in the Isle of Man TT (still looking for sponsors, hello?).... the TT organizers were rather surprised to find out I simply filled out a form and sent in a check to get my FIM license. The AMA has no sidecar class on pavement though, so they graciously granted me a license.
If there is a way to get a "professional" sidecar racing license I would like the information myself. My SRA-West license is the closest thing I know of to a national-level sidecar racing license.

Where there is a will there is a way, but of course the PPIHC officials have the final judgement. They have a lot to look at when accepting entries. I'd suggest giving them enough of a portfolio and maybe even a short video of bike control on a closed course. If you can prove you are safe at speed then a license is a trifle.
Team Johnny Killmore Thanks:
johnny_killmore is offline   Reply With Quote