Old 01-06-2014, 06:07 AM   #41
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Few and far between, and dodgy at best?

#59 Rallyerider RallyeriderCummings 3m
#Dakar2014 Brett: "Bike is prepped and I have my new mousses with a new rear tyre.”
Pic from the #MalleMoto area. pic.twitter.com/ikMkjr1aGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
The Bivouac overnight

From our friend Manny's FB page

https://www.facebook.com/ManuelLucchesePage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 Armageddon View Post

Oriol Escale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 Armageddon View Post
From FB. - Oriol comments

Google translation:
''Oriol: It was not the start we had in mind! We have lived a hellish day. "Gilbert has had a problem with the chain and the link and was forced to stop twice to fix it. We thought we had done it but when we had 20 km in the stage the chain broke and created a hole in the engine case, which then lost all the oil. I've towed for 40 miles until we found a kind soul who lent us some oil. We have managed to repair the bike and resume the race but not for long: 20 km later, the chain again broke and this time there was nothing to repair ... So Gilbert told me to go on, he's apañaría as best they could achieve ... I hope I get out of this''

''Oriol: !No ha sido el comienzo que teníamos en mente! Hemos vivido una jornada infernal. “Gilbert ha tenido un problema con la cadena ya en el enlace y se ha visto obligado a detenerse en dos ocasiones para arreglarlo. Pensábamos que lo había conseguido pero cuando llevábamos 20 km de espacial se le ha roto irremediablemente la cadena y ha perforado el cárter de la moto, que perdía a continuación todo el aceite. Le he remolcado durante más de 40 km, hasta que hemos encontrado un alma caritativa que nos ha prestado un poco de aceite. Hemos conseguido reparar la moto y reanudar la carrera pero no por mucho tiempo: 20 km más tarde, la cadena volvía a romperse y esta vez ya no había nada que reparar… Así que Gilbert me ha dicho que continuara, que él se las apañaría como buenamente pudiera… Espero que logre salir de ésta''
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
i didn't want to spam this thread with hundreds of photos, so i started a new thread just to be spammed with photos. bandwidth heavy, if that matters to you.

ALL the photos from Dakar.com Stage 1

...and everything so far from webventure.com.br

...over in the Dakar 2014 Photo F5rehose. subscribe & help me fill it with beautiful photos!