Originally Posted by Otherworld
The Bumot systems looks promising! ADVM is carry two fantastic systems. I was hoping you could distinguish the two by answering a few questions:
- Is the Bumot fully water proof, not from rain but from being completely submersed?
- Will the rear turn signals need to be moved for the GSW system as it was the case with older R1200GS models?
- Will there be options for smaller Bumot systems, akin to the 2 x 38L Holan?
- What is the weight of the L/R with rack Bumot vs the equivalent Holan system?
Hi Otherworld - happy to help! Answers in order...
- The BUMOT systems are waterproof and will remain so if submerged for a short period of time (i.e. river crossing). They won't meet the IP67 standard (submerged under 1 meter of water for 30 minutes with no water ingress), but I'm not sure if there are any aluminum cases that will.
- The rear turn signals don't need to be relocated with the smaller EU market LED units. I'll need to do some measuring of the NA market turn signals to make sure there's no interference there....worst case, it's a good excuse to upgrade to the smaller signals.
- In addition to the 41L / 45L system (which has a system width of about 38"), BUMOT will also be offering a 36L / 40L system that will be right around 36" wide.
- The BUMOT and Holan systems will weigh about the same at 31-32 pounds fully dressed. A 45L BUMOT pannier is about 11 pounds and the rack is roughly 9 pounds.
Hope that helps - any other questions, please let me know.