Old 01-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #61
Flood OP
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8340SU View Post
dakar com

SAM:
There weren't so many dunes, maybe 50 km or so, but it was definitely a lot of fun and a big mixture of terrains and different type of riding some technical stuff, then some really high speed stuff. All in all for me it was a good stage. I arrived at the finish in the top seven. They said I was first, so we'll wait and see if anyone else comes in faster than that. I'll be really happy if I take the stage. It will be the first one for me on the Dakar. It's great. The bike was awesome. Without all the work that goes on behind the scenes this is nothing, as you know, so I'm really grateful for the opportunity from Honda and all my sponsors. Hopefully I can carry on in this direction and have a good overall finish.

Chaleco
Today the first part was very, very speedy and the second part was very sandy with dunes. That was ok for my machine. The end was very technical, but I think it was a good day. For me it was good and I'm happy for the new team. My motorbike was the second best today so Im very happy. The Dakar is very long. For me the finish in Valparaiso is very important, but today was ok.

BamBam
I was in luck in the last part. I did some really good navigation. It was unbelievable to go alone there in the dunes that were so difficult. When I reached the last 80 km it was just one track, so I knew the dangerous navigation was finished and I said to myself, okay, good job. After one corner without visibility, there were a lot of boulders and I hit one. It's possible that I broke something. The bike is not so badly broken at all, but part of the navigation system had a big impact on the boulder so it's completely broken. So I had to ride to the finish with one eye on the road-book. I lost a little bit of time, but it's an incredible job and I'm really happy.

CD
Well it was a really, really fast first part of the stage. The bike is not going too fast because we want to save the engine a bit, that's our choice. But it was ok. Marc and Joan Barreda overtook me and gained quite a lot of minutes at refuelling, but after that I managed to come back in the dunes. I had a little crash on the side of a dune and I saw some stars afterwards! I also smashed my camel back so I haven't had water for 100 km. It was tough.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook