Old 01-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #63
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8340SU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Missed the screen cap, tower damamge.....

Salvatierra: blind jump, nothing i could do.... [ass over teakettle]

no damamge to me, and everything works. what could be bad day was good day [otherwise]

GPS and RB worked, most important, on a [bent] bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by schattat View Post
Interview by Darryl Curtis with Alex Doringer, KTM factory manager, on today's stage.
https://soundcloud.com/broadlinkktm/...m-manager-alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Patronelli crashed too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
Alex Doringer (KTM Manager) mentioned in an interview with Darryl Curtis, that 100 KM has been taken out of Stage 3.

Somewhat surprising that the ASO would do this after all the talk about this edition of the Dakar being longer and harder.

Plus, it comes just two days after the a stage which ended up being the first ever with no moto withdrawls (per Bluebull) and only three ended up being very late to the Bivy from what I noticed (Millet and the Escale Bros.).
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSpearsX View Post
Crew just sent me this text of David Reeve coming in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_FX View Post
From Laia´s FB page:
Hi friends! I've just arrived to the bivouac and at last I have internet so here you are my videoblog (in spanish sorry ;)) from yesterday. Today has been good!! I'm very happy with my 25th place!! The temperature has been too hot, the stage very fast and the sand too soft . I'm going to eat pasta and drink a lot of water. See you!

From Stage 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_boy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSpearsX View Post
This was from LAST NIGHT after stage 1:

As you know by now David has had a very good day. He came in very chuffed with his progress today and on the debrief with Scott, handled the issues that he had problems with on the bike very professionally.

Scott, Jaime and Michael have been very good to us. The problems that David had with the bike are not serious and are fixable with most being simple adjustments for comfort and handling.

The most serious problem was the issue of the behavior of the Rekluse Clutch that was fitted to the bike by Scott just before the bike went for Technical Verification on the 3rd January. David has used this type and make of clutch before and he really likes them. As he has broken his wrist in previous events, it assists him to keep pressure off the wrist when he is riding. David and Scott have decided to refit the Standard KTM Clutch pack that made way for the Rekluse Clutch back into the bike, and Scott has done that this afternoon. So all should be good with the clutch tomorrow.

David is very cheerfull. He managed to get a good shower in the RV avoiding the long walk from our pit to the showers, which was a bonus. He then walked down to check out results with me. He is lying 33rd at the moment after today and 2nd in the Rookie class. All in all a really good result for the 1st day.

Tomorrow is a normal day at the office for all of us. David starts at 05:00 hrs sharp (10:00 hrs Zambian time)

The stage is between San Luis and San Rafael.

Liason 1: 304 kms Tar.
Special Stage: 359 kms comprising sections of narrow windy fast road, also sections of sand dunes with huge drop offs are expected in this special. This could be a difficult special.
Liason 2: 62 kms Tar.
Total stage length: 724 kms

Assistance Route for the RV and the Service crew is 305 kms. This is good as we should be in Pits ready for David when he gets in. We feel it is vital that one of the team meet him at the entrance so he doesn’t spend ages trying to find us. It also lifts his spirits to see a friendly face at the end of the days racing.

David is currently in the RV preparing his Road book for the morning with Brett “Smiley” Cummings who had a reasonable day today. Soon Gilly will pack them both off to bed so that they are fresh for the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
[B][URL="http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2014/us/rider/003.html"]- MARCOS PATRONELLI[/COLOR][/U]
The Dakar starts today

It's a good day because I've got it over and done with, because it was very tough. I had to adjust the four tyres before entering the Nuhuil dunes. I crossed them with one of the wheels too deflated. It was losing air and 50 km from the finish, it hit a stone which meant I had to change it. In the end, I have to admit that I'm surprised, because with all the problems I had, I thought that the other quads would catch me up. You could say that the Dakar starts today. It was a genuine Dakar stage… The dunes were very hot and as a result it was difficult to get across them. Today there is going to be a lot of changes in the general standings.

From: http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2014/us/s...uotes-all.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8340SU View Post